Steps involved in Hotmail account creation
- Open your favorite internet browser and type www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.comin the address bar.
- You will be taken to the Outlook.com official sign in page. You need to look for the “Sign Up Now” option and then click on it.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft One Account creation page.
- Here, you will come across the Hotmail account creation form.
- The first thing on the form is the space to fill your name. Make sure you enter your first and the last name in the appropriate type boxes.
The next field will be asking you your username and password. Follow the instructions given to enter the same.
- The username is one that you would like to use as your email address. As you see in the username, type box these words ‘email@example.com’, this is the style of the username that you need to create. If you want to create a Hotmail account, you need to choose the @hotmail.com domain. Make sure you choose a good username that is easy to remember.
- The next field is for the password. You will have to make sure that you use a strong password that cannot be easily hacked by hackers. The ideal password would be one that contains small and capital alphabets, numbers and special characters. It must be at least 8 characters long.
- After entering the password, you will be asked to re-enter the password once again in another type box to verify that you are human.
- The next few fields are for your personal details.
- You need to enter your country or region, birth date details, and gender in the subsequent type boxes.
The following few fields are very important to protect your info and to keep your account secure.
- You will find space for choosing your country code followed by a type box for your phone number. This is to provide you with log in details if you miss your password or if you have any trouble signing in to your Hotmail account.
- In order to make sure that you are a human and not a robot or computer trying to create an account, you will be asked to enter a CAPTCHA code that is seen on the screen in a box for the same. Please make sure that you enter the characters seen on the screen correctly to complete your sign up process.
- If one of the characters you have entered is incorrect, you can request for another code and enter the same in the appropriate type box.
- Once everything is filled, you need to just click on the “Create Account” option at the end to complete the account creation process.
Signing in Hotmail
After you have created your account, you can sign in to your Hotmail account easily. Just visit the www.outlook.com page and there you will have to enter your username and password in the appropriate type boxes. After this, you just need to click on the sign in option and you will instantly be directed to your Hotmail inbox account.
Hotmail is the most popular and the first web based email service to come up on the internet. It was launched in the year 1996 and has the largest email account subscribes from all over the world. After the Microsoft takeover, the Hotmail email service has undergone a lot of changes and is currently operated through outlook.com mail service. But, if you love nostalgia and love to create a Hotmail account, then Microsoft offers you the option to create one through the Microsoft One Account sign up page.
Before creating Hotmail account
There are a few things that you need to know before you start to create a Hotmail account. Creating a Hotmail account is free and it has recently been changed to Outlook.com. It supports over 106 languages and offers you about 15GB of email space. In order to have a Hotmail account, you should be at least 13 years of age. There is a host of features offered and by opening an account; you can make use of the full features offered by Microsoft.