If you are new to Hotmail, then follow this simple step by step guide to easily create Hotmail account.
- Visit Hotmail’s official website page www.hotmail.com. You will automatically be directed to the Windows Live page.
- Locate sign up option and click on it. It will be seen in blue color and just below the login form.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft account creation page. You should fill up the form with basic as well as security information is asked to create a Hotmail account.
- Enter your personal details like first and last name, birthdate, gender, country/region, country code, phone number and alternate email address correctly in the appropriate boxes.
What to do after entering all the basic information? The most important and crucial segment of the Hotmail sign up-process follows.
- You would be seeing a space for the username. In the space provided, you should enter the username that you would like to use and ensure that it is a unique username.
- As you are looking to create Hotmail account, click on drop down button to choose the option @hotmail.com. This will be your email address and it will be represented as nnnn @ hotmail dot com.
- The next important step is to enter a password. It should be a minimum of 8 characters. Make it stronger by using a combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters.
- Once entered, you will be asked to re-enter your password.
- The next step is to prove that you are not a robot and therefore type in the distorted CAPTCHA code given on the page in its appropriate box. You can refresh the code if you are not able to read it correctly. A new code will flash on your screen.
- Finally, click on ‘create account’ button to complete the sign up process.
How to sign in to Hotmail?
Once you have created a new Hotmail account, signing into the account is a very simple task.
- Go to the www.hotmail.com website on your computer browser. You will be directed to https://login.live.com sign in page.
- In the box provided to enter the email or phone, you should enter your new Hotmail email address. It will be nnn @ hotmail dot com.
- Make sure that you enter the correct username in the space provided.
- Just below the email address box is the type box to enter the password. You should enter the exact password that you used to open up the Hotmail account. Ensure that the CAPS lock is not turned on when entering the password. Please enter the password exactly as you had created to gain entry to Hotmail inbox.
- After both fields are entered correctly, just click on ‘Sign in’ option and you will be taken to your Hotmail inbox.
Now you can read the emails that have come to your inbox and can also reply to the emails or compose new ones.
Hotmail is one of the most popular free web based email service that provides you with the option to send and receive messages to anyone. All you need is a computer and an internet connection to send files, website links, photos or attached documents to any person living anywhere in the planet. In order to sign into Hotmail, you will need to first create or set up a Hotmail account. It is not the toughest job in the world to set up an account. It is very simple and will just take a couple of minutes. Once you set up an account, you can easily sign in to Hotmail and check out your inbox.